Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Anaerobic Respiration

Anaerobic Respiration 



Aim: To demonstrate the effects of the anaerobic respiration (muscle fatigue)

Hypothesis: I think my fingers are going to get sore and tired.

Equipment: A spring-loaded clothes peg.

Method: 
  1. Hold the bed as shown in the diagram below.
  2. Relax your fingers so that the bed closes all the way.
  3. Squeeze your thumb and forefinger so the peg is fully open. 
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as quickly as you can until you experience muscle fatigue. 
Results: It took around 50-60 seconds for my fingers to fatigue. I noticed that the more I did the experiment the more my fingers got tired.

Conclusion: 
My fingers began to feel tired after a while. This is because the muscles in my fingers weren't used to going that fast and the faster they went the sorer they got. I had used up all my energy and there wasn't enough energy in my fingers to make more energy.

Evaluation: I think it all went well because nothing bad happened and that's what I expected to happen.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Chloe,
    Great first blog post, next time in your discussion you should add an explanation on why you think it is happening. For example- I think my fingers were getting sore because I had used up my energy. And there wasn't enough oxygen in my fingers to make lots more energy, so it could only do anaerobic respiration.

    Grade- 7/10

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.