Pages

Friday 4 May 2018

Music Term 2 Matariki

My piktochart on for Matariki:
https://create.piktochart.com/output/29985897-new-piktochart

Stan Walker Aotearoa.
What style of music is this / Who inspired them to write it?
Pop, and R&B.
He was inspired by the 1984 song Poi E, which as of 2014 is the only Maori language song to reach number one on the New Zealand singles chart. 

What do you like about the music? 
I like that there's more than one singer and I like that they added some to the national anthem.

What do you like about the music video?
I like how they spelt Aotearoa out in the sand with different Maori themed things

Find out what the song is about.
Couldn't find what the song was about.


Modern Māori Quartet feat. Awhimai Fraser 'Māreikura'


What style of music is this / Who inspired them to write it?
Modern, To celebrate Matariki

What do you like about the music? 
I really like the style of music and how it's not too loud or quiet. 

What do you like about the music video?
I like that they just made a quick music video in the studio. 

Find out what the song is about. 
To celebrate Maori Matariki

WAIRUA Maimoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgGr_n4fgyI


What style of music is this / Who inspired them to write it?
Pop, I couldn't find who inspired them to write the song. 

What do you like about the music? 
I like that it's more upbeat and pop.

What do you like about the music video?
I like that there's more than one person in the music video and I like that they're matching outfits.

Find out what the song is about. 
It's a song about encouraging people's beliefs, natural instinct or spirit. 

Kalega 

What style of music is this / Who inspired them to write it?
R&B, The Great Aotearoa. 

What do you like about the music? 
I like the style its sung in.

What do you like about the music video?
I like that it relates to New Zealand and I like all the dancing in it. 

Find out what the song is about. 
Sweet/Tasty, To express joy, amazement, or stunned reactions. 
the great Aotearoa summer pilgrimage back to the beach to chill, unwind and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life in the city. 

Maisey Rika - Tangaroa Whakamautai


What style of music is this / Who inspired them to write it?
R&B, The song was inspired by  "Te Tahi o Te Rangi" man on Whakaari : Bossy Hill

What do you like about the music? 
I like the sound of her voice and the style of music.

What do you like about the music video?
I like that it's really pretty and I like all the nature. 

Find out what the song is about. 
The song ways respect to Tangaroa (The God of the sea)

What have I learnt?
We are learning to understand the idea of Maori music and Matariki.

How does this work show my learning?
This work shows my learning because I have written about all the songs meanings, and what they're about.

What am I wondering?
How many years has Matariki been celebrated for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.