Pages

Monday 7 May 2018

Reading



7/5/18
What was I reading?
I was reading about a kiwi rock climber who fell 30 metres down a cliff in Australia. He fell off the cliff at around 7pm. He had a broken sternum, a broken tibia, major head injuries, a collapsed lung and a fractured jaw but he still survived. His incident happened April 26. I think the age audience would be teenagers. I think the purpose of this text is to inform people.

The link to the article:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/103633824/kiwi-rock-climber-falls-30-metres-down-cliff-in-australia

Sharlene said her brother was an adventure junkie who loved snow boarding, rock climbing and mountain biking.
8/5/18
I was reading about a crocodile attack in north Queensland. 
A woman names Cindy Waldron was attacked and killed by a crocodile at the beach. Waldron and her old childhood friend Leeann Mitchell were at the beach celebrating the end of her cancer treatment. I think this article is to give out information, and I think the age audience of this text would be for teens. 

The link to this article: 

                            Childhood friends Cindy Waldron and Leeann Mitchell, who tried to save her

9/5/18
The article was written by Kate Silver.
I was reading about the volcano eruption in Hawaii. 35 homes were destroyed, 1800 people had to evacuate and 1000+ earthquakes with the biggest being 6.9. Only about 90% of the island was damaged. 

The link to this article: 
                             Molten rock, toxic gas and steam have been bursting through openings in the ground created by the volcano.

10/5/18
The article was written by Catherine Groenestein.
I was reading about a four-year-old boy names Lucas Kiser who has a very rare condition named Stickler Syndrome. This condition causes Lucas to have sight, hearing, joint, and heart problems. Lucas' father is a former student from the school Lucas goes to, and he asked to help with costs for Lucas' family to fly to America to learn about his condition. I think this article is suitable for anyone to read.

Here is the link to the text:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/103746243/schoolboys-to-help-family-with-rare-illness-quest

                                   Lucas Kiser, 4, and his parents Michael and Sonya got a boost when students from Michael's old school offered to help them.

15/5/18
What was I reading:
I was reading a book about flags and I was learning about the different countries.
I think the author's purpose was to teach people about different countries and their flags.
I think this book is suitable for anyone who wants to find out about different countries.



17/5/18
What was I reading:
Today I was reading ReadTheory. One of the quizzes were based on why metal is important. Metal is important because it helps us use electronics. I think this information is suitable for anyone who wants to find out information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.