Pages

Friday 18 February 2022

Art Blog Post 2 | Color Palette

Color Palettes 

Analogous

This color palette works quite well for my theme. The blue, purple and pink especially fit. If the yellow was a bit brighter it would be almost perfect. 

Monochromatic

This palette doesn't fit well for my theme at all. These colors don't fit well with the memphis theme which is what my board is inspired by. 

Triad

The pink and blue colors work well with my theme but the others don't. I don't really like some of these colors in this palette. 

Complementary

I don't like this color palette at all. Apart from the last color, none of these colors look like they would really work well with my theme. 

Split Complementary

I like how the blue, yellow and lighter purple work in this theme. Though it still doesn't fit my theme exactly. There is too many blue/purple colors for my liking. 

Double Split Complementary

I think this color palette works almost perfectly for my theme. I would maybe change the first green color but apart from that I think it works well. The colors are bright which is what I'm going for. 

Square

These colors are bright which is what I am looking for in my color palette but they aren't the colors I am looking for. In my color palette I want to have pink, blue and yellow. 

Compound

This color palette doesn't work well with my theme. The colors are too dull for my liking and just don't fit the memphis theme. 

Shades

Although this color palette is pretty, it isn't at all what I am looking for. 

Custom
Although this palette is more dull than I was originally going for, I think it still works. I really like how the first three colors go together. 

Custom
These are the colors I like for my color palette. I think the bright colors work really well for the memphis theme I am going for and I think they all work really well together. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chloe, I really like all your different colour palettes. Each colour in each palette works really well together. I really like your analogous palette, the pastel colours look really nice. I also really like your shades and your custom #1 palette. I think youve done a great job with making sure all your colours work really well together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chloe, I feel you need more depth of understanding around what you are designing for which means thse colours may not suit your intended product. Can we step this back a bit and think about your possible brief first?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora, with more understanding of your brief, this is making more sense. I can see your direction more clearly now.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.