Pages

Friday 5 July 2019

My Food Bag Semester 1

My Food Bag - Fried Rice
Who was your profile target? My profile target was a teenage vegetarian.
What was your recipe decision based on? I decided to pick a fairly simple recipe and one that I thought everyone would enjoy.

Ingredients 
2 cups of raw rice
2 eggs
½ capsicum 
2T sunflower oil 
1 ½ mixed veggies 


  1. Cook rice for 20 mins - Could cook rice day before then cool for best result. Cut capsicum into small cubes. 
  2. In a pan or wok add 1T of oil. Add egg. Cook egg until fried. 
  3. Take the egg out of the pan. Add the rest of the oil then place mixed veggies and capsicum. Let them cook for 3 minutes. 
  4. Once veggies cooked add eggs and rice. Cook until rice is all fully fried  


Explain why this recipe was chosen to do? I think my group decided to do this recipe because it was a simple but delicious dish.
How it fits into the nutritional model of the dinner plate? It fits because it has lots of healthy vegetables and good protein.
What changes did you make during the 2 practice practical lessons? We added curry powder.
Why did you make these changes? Because I think it tasted better with it.
What were the positives of your final product? We put out a dish that everyone enjoyed and had positive feedback about.
Describe the two things you have learnt this semester? I learnt how to properly set up my workspace before cooking and, what different foods aren't good for you that I thought were.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.