Pages

Thursday 15 November 2018

Passion Project 2018 (Science Logbook)


12/11/18 Day 1

Aim: I want to come up with some ideas of what to do in my passion project.

What have I completed: Today I found some ideas on what I’m thinking about making for my project. I asked a lot of other people on what they were doing for the project and told them mine. I also made a list of the equipment that I needed. My challenges today were making a final decision on an idea.

15/11/18 Day 2

Aim: I want to research and find different ways to erupt a volcano.

What have I completed: Today I have completed my entire plan about the volcano that I am making. I have found all the equipment I need and made the method for the volcano. I decided to make a volcano because I thought it would be really fun to make and watch it erupt. My challenges today were finding out the amount of product we were going to need. Another challenge was that my group ended up finishing early. Next time I will start building my volcano.



19/11/18 Day 3
Aim: Today I want to start making the volcano. I want to start the base and attach the bottle to the base.
We would also like to start shaping it.
20 ml Potassium Permanganate, 25ml hydrogen peroxide, few drops of dish soap.
What have I completed: Today we completed our structure for the volcano and put paper mache on it. We started working on the elephant toothpaste and found a good ratio. The challenges for today were that we had the wrong potassium permanganate. We had added 0.02 instead of 0.2. Next time we are going to start painting our volcano and then we’ll be ready to erupt it.











22/11/18 Day 4
Aim: Today we want to start painting our volcano if we finish painting the volcano we will add some details to make it look realistic. 
What have I completed: Today we completed painting our volcano. We added some details like lava and some dinosaurs. We also tested more elephant toothpaste and it worked really well. The struggles we had today were finding the right shade of brown for the volcano. Next time we are going to do some research on why volcanoes erupt and start getting our cardboard presentation ready.


26/11/18 Day 5
Aim: Today I want to research on how a volcano erupts and make a poster out of the information we find.
What have I completed: Today I completed writing all the information on the poster that my group is making. We thought of an idea of what the poster would look like. I think we struggled with finding the information but once we figured it out it was alright. Next time we are going to start designing our poster.


29/11/18 Day 6
Aim: I want to write out all the information for our presentation, I also want to finish putting my
presentation together so my group is ready for presenting.
What have I completed: Today I completed writing out our information for the presentation, making the presentation and even did some chores for the teacher because my group was finished everything. My group is finished and ready for presentation. This project was fun to make and I would do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.